Monday, May 30, 2011

PROMPT NUMBER TWENTY-TWO

In honor of Memorial Day...
(Strange prompt, by the way. Hope at least one of the images appeals to you. =])

Write a short story of 1,000-10,000 words based on the following:

I remember.
I wish I didn't remember.
Maybe if I wish hard enough, the memories will just fall away. Like the smell of old perfume dissipating. Like the innocence of white chalk darkening under the rain. Like the dying color of that crimson blood as he washed it from my hands.

Good luck, Experimenters!

Winter

3 comments:

  1. Ooh...this is perfect for a Caitlin story-arc finale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog! I love your chat option here. Thanks for the thought-provoking prompt!

    Ps--thank you for following my blog, too!



    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, is Darkspell your book? If so, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Word verification is ON because this blog is closed and I hate spam, which I was getting some of. SORRY :( I do hate those captcha things with a deadly vehemence.